samedi 29 mars 2014

h100i dieing?

I posted a message in the corsair link section because this problem started when I downloaded and installed the newest corsairlink and FW.. but maybe its a problem with the unit.. i think its dieing.



I have an i7 3770k that was running at 5ghz (delided), 1.325v.. so it was hot but worked.



hottest core would show 41 at idle (the rest 34 -37)and Prime small ffts would hit 96 after a couple hours..(fine for me because it never went much higher then 80 during gaming) Yesterday I noticed the fans going more then normal.. RealTemp showed the usual numbers (as above) so i thought maybe something just got reset and its no longer in quiet mode. Anyway I couldnt load corsairlink because a folder or file was missing. I went online and got the newest version (not beta) and it updated a couple things... when this happened the fans went INSANE for about 5 secs and then hovered at like 500 rpm.



I couldnt control them at all, they would not increase in speed so I looked a bunch of stuff up regarding the USB header and after switching the usb header I was able to get the modes working again..just one problem



my temps jumped 20+ deg across the board... highest core idles at 61.. prime hit 105 instantly (i was ready to exit right away) setting the cpu to stock settings and i get 45 deg idle with spikes to 55 - 60.. and prime gets to 99 in like 2 mins... I did not touch the unit during any of this, just the wire that goes into the USB.



I've reset the heatsink twice now, used 2 different pastes and the results are unchanged. I've had this set up for just over a year with zero issues until yesterday... any ideas whats going on?




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire