dimanche 30 mars 2014

New H100i not performing as I had hoped...

Hey guys/gals.



I have just updated my system and bought a Corsair H100i watercooler, a Corsair Carbide 540 Case, an Asus Maximus VI Hero MoBo and an intel i7 4770k processor.



I fitted its all and proceeded to try and overclock to 4.5mhz. I could only get to 4.0 stable before the CPU was running over 100c. I was using poor quality TIM so went out and bought some Arctic Silver 5 TIM, at the same time I also bought 2 more Corsair SP120 fans to do a push/pull config.



Now it has improved, and I can get to 4.4mhz stable. I ran Prime95 for 30 min and system was fine. The processor is hovering around low 90's in Prime95 under full load.



The temp of the H100i rises to about 32-33c so not too hot.



Now surely with this set up I should easily be able to achieve 4.5mhz. But under Prime95 I get BSOD after about 30 sec.



Voltage on CPU is 1.25, which after doing some research should be ample, I also tried upping the voltage to 1.275, but same happens.



The ambient temp in my room is only around 22c. And the design of the case means there is plenty of air flow. I have the 2 front fans as intake, 1 rear fan as an exhaust and the radiator has the 2 fans that came with the H100i and 2 Corsair SP120 fans in a push/pull config, but flowing from inside case to outside (I also tried it flowing from outside to inside and same happens, but would rather have it flowing outside the case as there is no dust filter to stop them sucking in dusk inside the case).



I have installed Corsair Link, and the pump and fans are running fine according to the software. And as the H100i temp is also rising under load, it suggests it is taking heat away from the processor.



So is this normal, or could there be a slight fault with the cooler? I was seriously expecting better results with this cooler?



Thanks for taking time to read and answer my question!



have a great day, tyron2000 :biggrin:




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire