jeudi 27 mars 2014

Link why wait

I Built a new PC last year in March and used all the components to produce a really efficient machine that was fast and quiet, one of the main items was the Corsair H100i which is brilliant at cooling.

However, the link software is one of the worst pieces of software that I have ever encountered and I have been building computers as a hobby since 1979.

I look at the number of people on this forum asking if they should move to win 8.1 or not, but they accept the Link software, well, I have used every version of Windows and although they leave a lot to desire the latest version is the most stable of them all for me.

I have been running Adobe Photoshop and Lightroom for the last year and a half without any problems using Windows 8.1 64 bit but corsair Link cannot run for more than a day without some sort of hiccup.

I took the advice of someone on the Asus ROG forum this week and did away with the Link software hooked the fans up to the CPU main link and the Opt link, I am now controlling the Corsair system with Asus Ai Suite Fan Expert software, it is quieter, cooler and does not keep me wondering whether it is working or not, unlike the Link software.

My point is, why produce a piece of equipment which is so good and so mind blowingly efficient yet control it with a piece of software which is so bad,farm out the software to a company that knows how to write good software and stick to the hardware, I am a professional photographer, I take photos but I don't make cameras.

Sorry Corsair, I love your cooler but your software has harrassed me for a whole year...............




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire