lundi 31 mars 2014

Corsair Force GS 128GB dead in less than a month

Hello everyone.



I purchased a Corsair Force GS 128 GB on 7/3/2014 and started using it as a system disk. I was unimpressed at the rate its performance degraded when it was halfway filled with data and after a few rounds of crystaldiskmark were completed.



Nevertheless, I let it be.



Today, 31/3/2014, 3 1/2 weeks of light use later, the disk died on me. Suddenly, my system froze and after a while I got a blue screen. The SSD was never recognized in the BIOS again, neither in the same nor in another system.



I opened an RMA case (ticket 6447657) and saw that I have to pay for shipping to corsair and I must also pay for tracking and insurance because I will be responsible if anything happens on the way!



To top it all, I am under the weather, with pneumonia at home and cannot go to the post office, so I would have to ask a courier service to pick the ssd up at my place which will bring the postage cost to more than 20 euro (at least).



What is quite a lot compared to the 80 euro it cost me to purchase the ssd in the first place.



I remember when I got my Corsair AX 1200 with coil whine, when corsair picked it up at their expense from my place and offered advanced rma without even asking me for a credit card at the time AND gave me a USB stick for my trouble.



Comparing the two cases, I would have to say that things seem to be going downhill.



I would love to hear what corsair has to say about this, before I decide what to do.



Thanks!




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire