dimanche 30 mars 2014

RMA'd AX650 also has issues. Can't isolate anything other than PSU issue.

Hi guys, I'm asking for help here because I've already tried google and Corsair RMA.



I have an AX650 PSU and started having issues with my PC not powering up when pressing the power button. The power supply 'clicks', all the fans start spinning up and after 0.5 seconds it clicks again and the fans stop. The power button's LED fails to turn on. All the USB power works though (my external spins up). The only way to get the PC on is to try a combination of resetting the CMOS button on the mobo, or switching the power supply off and on, and then it only works randomly after 6 or 7 tries. When it does finally work, the power LED turns on. No problems when the PC is actually on. Everytime I start the PC from a cold boot it has this problem, although randomly, and only when the shut off is clean, it will power up just fine. But not every time!



So I swapped the PSU with an Antec one I had. NO PROBLEMS. Powered on just fine. So I sent in the AX650 for RMA. I got the new unit a few weeks later, wired it up with the new cables and everything. SAME EXACT ISSUE! Swapped it out for the Antec again: NO PROBLEMS!



So my question is: why is the PSU, which is universally praised for it's high quality, failing to work properly in my build. It's a modern build, and there have been overclocks or mods to the BIOS or anything.



Very irritated because I specifically sprung for the AX650 because of it's supposed high quality. It can't be a dud either because I've already RMA'd and the new one failed! There can't be problems with the power switch because the Antec PSU worked flawlessly. If it's the PSU, why isn't it considered bad by anyone? Thank you so much for any help!




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire