lundi 31 mars 2014

Corsair Vengeance 2000 Drivers wont install on Win8 64 bit

PC Specs listed in profile

Running windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit with all current updates

Downloaded the newest "Win8 Compatible drivers, version 2.0.7" directly from product page and it gets to approximately 80%, then freezes (renders my computer unresponsive) and forces me to restart the system, then tells me the driver installation failed and that it needs to undo the changes made by the installation.



My headset works, like a normal stereo headset / mic... but I am not able to install the software/drivers and therefore not able to enjoy the 7.1 surround experience that was advertised with the product.



Additionally, the cable that came with it stopped charging my headset after only a few months of use.. When I use a different micro USB cable from an old phone it seems to work fine for now, but it is much shorter and I wish the cable that came with it worked properly..



Am I installing the wrong driver version or something? I followed all the instructions regarding uninstalling any previous installation, and attempted to run it in compatability mode.. however I experience the same problem, and never make it to any "restart prompts".



Please advise.



I came close to selling them for $50 on craigslist and purchasing a different brand headset, then discovered these forums.. so I guess this is my final attempt before moving on to something else. Up to this point I have always loved Corsair products (as you can see by my pc specs) but I wish the headset worked as advertised, I was very excited to try em out after using them on my friends pc (with the drivers installed) only to be disappointed.. (He is running windows 7).



Thanks for any help you are able to provide.



NOTE: Product was purchased new from Amazon.com




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire